A Information to Weblog Design: Pages, Widgets, and Areas to Embrace in Your Weblog
If you’re just starting your blog, that’s great. It means that you have the chance to implement the right blog structure from the beginning and set yourself up for success. We’ve prepared a guide to blog design − pages, widgets, and areas to include in your blog. In this guide, we’ll explain everything you need to know.
Pages Every Blog Should Have
You should choose your website layout based on its functionality, not only how it looks. When you’re browsing sample blogs, make sure that they have the following pages:
- About me – a page where you briefly introduce yourself and explain why you started a blog.
- Contact page – you should provide your email, links to social media profiles, and a location if you have a physical store. Also, there should be a box where visitors can leave comments and questions that won’t be seen publicly.
- Disclaimer – if any area of your blog is monetized, you have to add a disclaimer; otherwise, people might feel deceived.
- Landing page – if you offer a product or a service, make sure to create a separate landing page where you explain the benefits of your product or service and where people can automatically order it.
Widgets Every Blog Should Have
Widgets are features that add extra value and make your blog more interactive. People love them, and they spend more time on blogs that have attractive widgets. Here are some of the most popular:
- Instagram feed – sync your blog with your Instagram or any other social network you use. People are so used to Instagram, and they like the idea of being able to click on a picture and automatically open an article about it.
- Newsletter subscription – one of the widgets could be a form to fill out if they want to subscribe to your mailing list.
- Testimonial sliders – you should add testimonials to your homepage from your satisfied clients. Use sliders, as they’re easier to navigate.
- Search bar – you’d be surprised how many people forget to add a search bar to their blog. It makes browsing much easier, and visitors will appreciate it.
When it comes to article design, you can use any style you like and feel free to express your creativity. However, there are some features that every article should have. First of all, you need a title and headings to organize your blog post. If the post is long, you can also add a table of contents to make it easier for readers.
Every article should have at least two photos, and don’t forget to add a caption. Moreover, you should end every blog post with a call to action. You don’t have to sell something to add a call to action. It can be something as simple as “Write your opinion in the comments section below.”
There you have it. You now know everything you need to know to start your blog. We hope that a guide to blog design – pages, widgets, and areas to include in your blog will be useful to you. Don’t waste your precious time; go ahead, and start your blog today!